Most Expensive Houses in Miami
Miami is home to several fabulous properties all from penthouses in the sky to historical Star Island estates found directly on the water and the market is ranked as world’s 7th largest luxury real estate market. The city had its luxury home prices in 2017 rising to 7.5% from the past year, you can probably be assured that these prices aren’t coming down anytime soon. To show you more of what can be found among Miami’s most expensive houses, I have put together a list of some top 5 Miami most expensive homes.
1. La Brisca: A $65 million 1920's mansion sits on 6.9 acres of waterfront in the neighborhood of Miami’s Coconut Grove is currently on the market as the city’s most expensive home for sale. The 13,808 square foot mansion is found on an old coral reef just 23 feet above street level. Some Miami architects Kiehnel and Elliot are responsible for the property’s outdoor uniqueness with most of the rooms accessible from the balcony, a walkway or direct access to the pool and patio.
2. Star Island Dr. - $65 million: Currently listed for the first time in 30 years, the 20,000 sq. ft historic home was completely renovated in 2016 to get it up to the market standard while being sure the property maintains its original 1923 charm and integrity. The property comprising of 10 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms property which is highly considered as the most important iconic trophy estate found in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. The property sits on a 1.4 acres of prime real estate, with 255 ft of water frontage. There are over 40 rooms from the inside of the property, including a ballroom-size 2-story living room, a home gym, a bar, a 3,000 bottle wine cellar, and 3 offices. There are lush gardens from the outside, a gorgeous pool with water features, an outdoor dining room, multiple cabanas, and different comfy sitting spots to have the best of the panoramic views.
3. 3315 Collins Ave: Sold in 2015 for a mind-blowing $60 million (over $10 above the initial asking price). The 12,516 sq. ft. penthouse is found on top the 18-story Faena House Condo Complex. The customized 2-story condo includes 8 bedrooms, 9 bathrooms, and unique views of the Ocean from almost every room. Over 9,000 sq. ft is added for an additional outdoor space, thanks to the complete wraparound terrace and rooftop deck with 70 ft long pool. Owners have an added advantage of having access to every luxury amenities in the building.
4. Star Island Dr.- $49 million: From the well known Star Island, the 1.85 acre estate was said to have been on the market for the first time since it’s construction back in 1973. Normally, every part of the property has been updated so you won’t witness any sign of the 70's from the 7 bedrooms, 8-bathroom property. An outstanding 2-story foyer, wooden beams game room, large bedrooms, and custom walk-in closets are just a few reasons of the home’s interior uniqueness among others.
5. La Gorce Circle -$45 million: Found on prestigious (and guard-gated) La Gorce Island, the 16,977 sq. ft Mediterranean style property was last sold in 2016 at the price of $45 million. The just 2-acre estate with its gold-leaf accents, a gym, and other small guesthouses. The interior comes with opulently designed 8 bedrooms, 9 ½-bathroom, a library, a safe room, and double chef’s kitchen, the hand-painted ceilings, and several other gold-leaf accents.